How to Write a Gift Card
Writing the text for a gift card can be daunting. Whether the gift is a business gift or personal, our best advice is to:
-keep it simple and concise,
- be honest about what you are trying to convey, and
- be sure to sign your name!
With that said, it is still a difficult task, so feel free to use the following advice and messages.
For Shiva & Sympathy Gifts
Besides using the ideas below, you may wish to add a line or two about the deceased. "She always had the warmest smile for me." Or "Her beautiful gardens will always remind me of her." Remember, if you have been out of touch with the family for some time or if you knew the deceased and not the family, be sure to include some information in the card to let the receiver know who you are (e.g., “Jane, Tom, and Mike – Morgan Stanley IT Department”).
- With our deepest condolences on the loss of your mother/father/etc. May her/his memory be a blessing to all who knew her/him.
- Wishing your family love, support and our deepest sympathy during this difficult time.
- Our thoughts and prayers are with you during this time of sorrow.
- With our heartfelt sympathy.
- We are thinking of you and your family.
- Our thoughts and hearts are with you.
- With deepest sympathy.
- With our deepest condolence.
- May G-d comfort you among all the mourners of Zion and Jerusalem. (traditional Jewish phrase)
Suggested Closings for a business shiva gift:
- With our warmest regards,
- With our warmest condolences,
- Your Friends,
- Your Friends At XYZ Company,
For Hanukkah and Christmas Gifts
When holiday spirits are high, giving and receiving kosher gift baskets adds to the festive atmosphere. Your gift card can be cheerful and optimistic - casual for family and friends, or a bit more formal for business associates.
- Happy Hanukkah!
- Warm Wishes for a Joyous Hanukkah and a Wonderful New Year!
- Best Wishes for a Joyous Holiday Season and Successful New Year.
- We Wish You Every Happiness This Holiday Season
For Birthday, Care Packages, & Anytime Gifts
Brighten someone's day with an unexpected, delicious kosher gift basket. A few lively words will put a spring in their step.
- Enjoy Some Sweetness!
- Can't wait to see you!
- Sending you love and sweet treats on your birthday!
- You deserve the best!
- We miss you and love you.
- Because we love you.
- Wish you were with us.
For Business Gifts
You'll need just the right words when you send kosher gift baskets to customers, colleagues and business associates with whom you want to maintain a great working relationship. Whether the gift is to say "thank you," "happy birthday,” to express sympathy, or "congratulations," select one of our messages and be sure to add your company name and the specific group of people who are sending the gift.
- We appreciate your business and look forward to working together.
- Your loyalty is greatly appreciated.
- With thanks for your business.
- Glad to have you on our team. We couldn't do it without you!
- Thank you for being part of our success now and in the future.
- Congratulations on a job well done!
- Your dedication and hard work are appreciated.
- We just heard the news. Congratulations!
Closings – How to Sign your Gift Card
How to close your card depends on your relationship with the recipient.
Suggested Text for a Personal Relationship:
- With love,
- Missing you,
Again, don't forget to sign the card! The best words are nothing without knowing who has sent this fabulous gift! At Kosher Gift Box, you can be sure that we read every card to be sure that the punctuation and spelling is correct and that it is signed.
2008, Kosher Gift Box